Nexthire respects the privacy rights of all individuals. Nexthire is committed to ensuring that all Directors and others involved in the management of Nexthire comply at all times with their obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Type of personal information held
Personal information that is collected and held by Nexthire in relation to its employees, contractors and candidates usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from the candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Information relating to the personal background of workplace participants (including home address, sex, date of birth, nationality, languages spoken, employment history, educational qualifications and details of contact people in the event of any emergency);
- Work performance information (including but not limited to records and any written warnings);
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Staff information (including letter of appointment, tax file number, bank account details as well as records of any pay adjustments);
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
Purposes for which we hold personal information
We primarily hold personal information for the following reasons:
- Placement operations;
- Staff management;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Insurance coverage;
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. In some cases we may only disclose information with your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We contract out a number of services from time to time.
Our contractors may see sofinme of your personal information, typically our contractors would include:
- IT contractors and database designers;
Enquiries and Complaints
Anyone who feels that there has been unwarranted invasion of their privacy should contact our Operations Manager - Anita Ziemer, who can be contacted on 03 8256 6555. Further information about the principles or Nexthire's policies relating to privacy issues can be obtained from the Privacy Officer.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of their persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information. If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact the General Manager. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity. We might impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our General Manager would discuss these with you. You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.